Wise Construction recently completed Glympse Bio’s new headquarters and research facility, located at Alewife Research Center in West Cambridge.
Spanning throughout 25,000 SF, the facility includes both high-tech research laboratories and workspace, all designed to help meet the company’s commitment to push scientific boundaries.
To accommodate low ceiling heights, and meet the expedited timeline, Wise spent time preplanning the project using a design-assist approach. The process brings the entire project team, including key subcontractors, together during design. Not only did this ultimately increase efficiency while reducing schedule, but it created a 23% reduction in coordination-based RFI’s, resulting in zero change orders for the project.
The Glympse Bio project team includes:
- General Contractor: Wise Construction
- Architect: Tria
- MEP / FP Engineer: AHA Consulting Engineers
- Owners Project Manager: Leggatt McCall Properties
- Lease Broker: Colliers International
- Building Landlord: The Davis Companies
- Electrical Contractor: Suburban Electric
- Fire Protection: Eagle Sprinkler
- Mechanical Contractor: Hall Sheetmetal
- Plumbing Contractor: Dan-Cel