Our PortfolioBack to portfolio
- Boston Children’s Hospital DNA Laboratory »
- New England Aquarium Whale Examination Lab »
- Novartis Multiple Projects »
- Schepen’s Eye Research Institute Hamarah Laboratory »
- Acetylon Lab Space Renovation »
- Biogen IDEC GMP Distribution Facility »
- Biotech Client Laboratory Renovation »
- Boston College Merkert Chemistry Center »
- Cambridge NanoTech, Inc. Laboratory Renovation »
- Dana Farber Cancer Institute HIM Building Renovations »
- Harvard University Biological Labs »
- Northeastern University Snell Laboratory »
- Private Research University MEG Facility (Magnetoencephalography) »
- Private Research University Laboratory for Advanced Materials »
- Ra Pharmaceuticals Laboratory Renovation »
- The Broad Institute Micro Fabrication Laboratory »
- Tufts University Pearson Organic Chemistry
New England AquariumWhale Examination Lab
Architect: McManus Architects, Inc.
Wise completed construction of five new research laboratories for the Aquarium Research Center at New England Aquarium. Researchers will use the laboratories to examine the relationships between coastal environments and the migratory patterns, diet and health of mammals. The new labs house specialty equipment, such as bio-safety cabinets and specialty lab casework and HVAC systems.
New HVAC equipment needed to be placed in an existing catwalk area (directly over their Giant Ocean Tank which remained open to visitors throughout construction) requiring extensive life safety preparation. Much of this work needed to be completed in off hours for the Aquarium because they were in heavily trafficked exhibit areas. And because scheduling was so tight, we even drove 28 hours to pick up long lead time equipment rather than miss deadlines.
All our extra effort, relationship building, communication and logistics expertise paid off. Researchers now have a brand new facility to conduct their studies and the Aquarium will maintain their certification with the US Navy to conduct further specialized assignments.